Skulski Consulting LLC serves federal, state, local and private entities focused on making their programs, services, and activities accessible to people with disabilities. Professional services include, but are not limited to:
- Training – from a one-hour webinar to a multi-day training program, curriculum is developed based on the unique needs of the audience and organization. Topics can include: Legislation, the 2010 ADA Standards, Recreation Programs and Facilities, the newly adopted ABA Standards for Outdoor Developed Areas, the Principles of Universal Design, Program Access, Interpretive Environments, and Implementation of an Accessibility Management Program.
- Policy & Procedure Review for ADA/504 Self Evaluations (and RE-evaluations)
- Accessibility Assessments of Program Spaces and Facilities
(with specialization in parks and recreation facilities, including swimming pools, playgrounds, sports complexes, recreation/community centers, fitness facilities, museums, nature centers, zoos and aquariums, outdoor recreation environments, trails, picnic areas, campgrounds, fishing and boating facilities, greenways and beaches)
- Community Engagement and Facilitated ADA Transition Planning
- Project Conceptualization
- Plan Reviews
Some of our clients include:
- Minneapolis Parks and Recreation Board
- Great Parks of Hamilton County (OH)
- Northbrook Park District
- National Park Service
- City of Mobile (AL)
- Commerce City (CO)
- Cleveland Metroparks
- Northwest Indiana Regional Planning Commission
Skulski Consulting LLC offers:
- A person-centered approach that goes above the minimum standards and regulations set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act to best meet the needs of visitors and guests with disabilities.
- Recommendations for universal design and customer service that can transform clients into national models of best practices.
- A competitive fee structure without the additional 30-35% administrative costs associated with university-centers.
- Pre-qualification as a federal contractor through the GSA’s System for Award Management (SAM).
- DBE certified and WBE.